Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little Lul

No medical updates.  To a large extent I need a breather from all the medical terminology, labs, numbers, etc.  Boo is still very sick but closely monitored.  Medically there isn't a lot we can do.  It's a waiting game to see how long it takes Boo's body to bounce back.  The sooner the better but it's out of our hands.

I've been so focused on the results I've been a bit negligent in talking about Boo.  As in Boo the little three and a half year old kid suffering not only emotionally but physically.  He's exhausted.  He's run down.  And he's a sick little boy.  His kidney's aren't working.  His blood is under assault.  And his life hangs in the balance of the doctors (and nurses) and their ability to medically compensate for his symptoms.

He's pretty tolerant of this whole experience but on those occasions where the pain is too much he has one request: he wants to go home.  I know, Boo.  So do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment